Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Baked Ravioli

I found a recipe on Pinterest and decided to make it, Baked Ravioli.  I was shopping for the ingredients with my mother and she helped me make a few ingredient changes.  Tonight I began to gather the ingredients and realized that I didn't have enough of some items so I made some more substitutions.  The results turned out very well.  My mother, who is going through chemo, and can only eat soup tried some and ended up eating a bowl.  That made me extremely happy.


Ingredients

  • Small Jar of Prego Merlot Marinara Sauce
  • Fresh 4 cheese Ravioli
  • 1 pack of shredded mozzarella
  • 1 pack of shredded mild cheddar

Directions

  • Pour a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.  I used an 8x8 in.  Spread the sauce to cover the bottom.  
  • Layer the ravioli on the sauce in an even layer.
  • Put mix of mild cheddar and mozzarella on top of ravioli layer
  • Pour the remainder of the sauce over the cheese layer and spread until even.
  • Place another layer of ravioli and top with the remaining cheese.
  • Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
  • Take off foil and let bake for 15 minutes more.
  • Let sit for 5 minutes and then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment