Monday, January 4, 2016

Buttery Egg Bread

My aunt is staying with us for a time.  She loves Challah bread.  I decided that we needed some comfort food right now so I started looking for a recipe that I could make in our bread machine for her.  I found a recipe in a cook book that I got through Kindle Unlimited.  I the original recipe called for margarine.  I added butter and changed the amount that the original recipe called for.  I found other recipes that called for the machine to work the dough and then you take it out  braid it and bake... but we don't really have time for it now.  This recipe worked great in the machine and tasted exactly like the Challah bread she loves from the bakery.

Original Source: Quick and Easy Bread Machine recipes by Mary Miller (www.thehealthierpath.com)

Ingredients


  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 tbsp butter (I did say comfort food)
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp yeast

Directions

  • Place ingredients in machine in this order: wet, dry, yeast
  • Settings: Basic bread, Light Crust, 2 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment