Thursday, December 31, 2015

French Onion Soup Sandwich

I love French Onion soup.  When we go to restaurants I always order a bowl.  I made a french onion casserole at Thanksgiving which was a hit but was for large numbers of people.  I decided to experiment and try to come up with a recipe for one person.  That is when I decided to try to make it into a sandwich. The sandwich is delicious and tasted just like French Onion Soup. I will describe the process and the ingredients but the amounts depend on what each person likes.


Ingredients

  • Onion- I  used a Vidalia Onion
  • Butter
  • Beef broth
  • Swiss Cheese
  • Bread-  I have made this with a hoagie roll and with a slice of my Sweet Hawaiian Bread.

Directions

  • Butter the bread for the sandwich and put it in the toaster so it gets warm and crunchy.
  • I cut up enough onions for me and then caramelized them in a pan with some butter.
  • When the onions are clear I added some beef broth to the pan with the onions.  I did not add too much.  I wanted the sandwich bread to soak in the flavor but not get drenched.  
  • I then added swiss cheese to the pan and let the cheese melt all over the onions.
  • Put the cheese onion mix onto your toasted bread.
The last step is the best... eat and enjoy!


Picture coming soon.... for now the clip art will allow for recipe to be pinned. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment