Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hawaiian Sweet Bread

     We grew up eating Hawaiian Sweet Rolls in my house.  When I found  recipe that claimed it was the same I had to try it.  This was actually the first and second loaf of bread I made with the bread maker.  My house was full of family for the holidays when I made the first loaf...so it did not stand a chance.  The smells of fresh baked bread had everyone salivating.  The first loaf lasted mere minutes.  It was so good.  The family all raved about the bread.  My cousins wife even told him she wanted a bread maker too.  
     The second loaf has lasted much longer.  I cut it into slices and have been using it to make sandwiches.  I did only changed some of the settings for my machine.  The site that I found the recipe used the bread maker to make the dough but not for the baking.  I let the bread maker do its thing from start to finish...which meant less clean up later.  That made me happy.

This is the site I where I found the recipe.
https://kimsrandomlife.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/sweet-hawaiian-bread-so-simple/


Ingredients


  • 3/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
  • 3/4 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons dry milk
  • 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (I used one specifically for bread makers)

Directions

  • Place ingredients in bread machine container in order directed by manufacturer.
    • Mine said all wet ingredients first, then dry, and last yeast.
  • I set the machine for the sweet cycle, Medium crust, 1.5 pound loaf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment